Friday, July 15, 2011

Reindeer Games

This week at Jingle Belles we're playing Reindeer Games ... and everyone gets to join the fun. The prompt is to use a reindeer (or any other holiday animal) in your card design.

Here's our take on the theme:


Stef says, "When I was thinking about my card, I couldn't get the silly image out of my head of Reindeer playing Monopoly or Scrabble. One of my favorite ways to spend a weekend afternoon is playing Scrabble on-line with my sister ... her go-to word is often YETI (usually with a triple word score), so this card is for her. Papers are from Echo Park's Everybody Loves Christmas Collection"


Lauren says, "it's not as if i don't have ENOUGH holiday papers and accoutrements to wallpaper the entire northeast, but for some reason, on this card, the only "holiday" item is the tim holtz diecut reindeer. everything else is from my "regular" stash and was truthfully mostly leftovers and scraps including the michaels-special silver flowers (purloined from my aunt!), my beloved may arts leafy ribbon, and the journaling card of unknown origin whose awesome sentiment "dream of magical things" inspired the entire card!"


Remember, you don't have to use an actual reindeer, it's sort of a coincidence that we both did! In fact, any critter or animal that you like, with a holiday theme, will work: penguins, moose, polar bears, mice, monkeys, birds ... be creative, HAVE FUN and let's see your best REINDEER GAMES cards back here before next Wednesday, July 20th, at 6pm (EST). The keyword for galleries or our flickr group is JB29.







7 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

What a fun challenge. Found out about you through Amy T.'s blog. You guys have got a lot of fun going on here. :)

June Houck said...

Stef, I actually thought your card was Lauren's card; you both have a great sense of humor. I love the "yeti" scrabble story. I'll bet your sister will ROTFLOL when she sees this card. Terrific!

Lauren, once I scrolled down to see your card, I expected adorable reindeer cut from wrapping paper. I forgot that you also have that beautiful Tim Holtz die. I love the way you sew that MA leafy ribbon. Very pretty.

Brilliant challenge title!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

My reindeer is here to play, yipee!!!

SiskiyouSue said...

I just want to say thank you for the idea of making cards throughout the year. I haven't kept up with you, but I have a lot more made than I ever have before, and I've really had fun making them instead of being in a rush. Today was the hottest day we've had and I spent most of it thinking about Christmas instead of worrying about the heat. Thank you!

Electra said...

Your blog is just TOO much fun. (Not really. I like fun)
Thanks for the great prompt!

~amy~ said...

Ladies...such a fun challenge! LOVE your cards...I'm linking up to my flickr again:)

Lisa - papergrace said...

My 1st card is just a direct link to the pic. Sorry. But the 2nd one actually links to the blog post. Hope that helps. :)