Friday, October 10, 2014

♥PINK♥ Christmas!!!

We're pretty sure everyone who's ever played along at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ saw this one coming, but that doesn't make it any less exciting! Yes, once again, in honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we are celebrating ♥PINK CHRISTMAS♥! What does that mean? Well, we'd like to see holiday cards with a noticeable bit of pink on them, and for every card you guys link up, Stephanie and Lauren are each donating $2 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation!

There's no limit to how many times you play, so please link early and link often!!! We'd also love for you to pass the news along to all your card-making friends, so we've made a special challenge graphic and a paste-able blurb to make this really easy to blog about! :)


The "Pink Christmas" prompt will run at JINGLE BELLES from 12am on Friday, October 10th to 6pm on Wednesday, October 22nd; as in previous years, Stephanie and Lauren pledge to donate $4 per linked-up card to The Susan G. Komen Foundation.

The only requirement is that all link-ups be NEW holiday cards with some noticeable pink on them... so in other words, not just Rudolph's NOSE, lol!

Participants may use sketches, combine challenges, and include any other colors in addition to pink; you can showcase however many cards you'd like in one post, don't worry, we'll still count every single one of them towards the total!


Thank you very much for your support!
♥♥♥

To give you even more than the usual amount of inspiration, we're pleased as punch to welcome our very lovely and mega-talented friend Jessi Fogan!

Here's what we made:

Jessi says, "I'm absolutely THRILLED to be joining the Jingle Belles for their annual Breast Cancer Awareness challenge - this is a cause very close to my heart, as my oldest friend is a recent one year survivor! Living across the country I couldn't be there in the traditional ways to support her through her battle, but dye my hair pink? I can do that. Surprise her with this? I can do that too! Angela's written about her journey much more eloquently than I ever could - her blog is right here. She's FUNNY, and I love her. "


Stephanie says, "It's probably not surprising that I purchase almost any holiday paper collection that includes pink ... this card features the vintage Christmas Carnival Collection from KaiserCraft.  I used a sketch from Winnie & Walter's World Cardmaking Day Challenges ... and I really have no explanation how I ended-up featuring a sock monkey ... sometimes you just have to go where the Muse takes you."


Lauren says, "It's definitely *NOT* a requirement of the challenge to make a card which is ENTIRELY pink, but you can if you want to... and I seriously doubt anyone is surprised that I wanted to, lol! It might be easier than you think, however; I'd like to point out that apart from the sentiment strip which is trimmed from some Echo Park Christmas paper and the rhinestone snowflake, there are NO holiday products on my card. Most of the smaller bits of patterned paper are scraps, even!"

 So why not take a good look at ALL your pink supplies and make some pink ornaments or pink trees or pink sock monkeys or heck, how about some pink reindeer?! This is *DEFINITELY* a case of "more is merrier" so please tell your all your card-making friends and let's raise as much money as we possibly can for Susan G. Komen! Keyword for galleries and flickr is JB:14:21. Link closes at 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014. Thank you for joining us! ♥♥♥

18 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I am so happy to be playing along with the Belles! Thanks so much for having me & helping me surprise Angela :)

Lorraine said...

Wow! What great inspirational cards ..... every one of them! Thanks for the challenge and for your pledge.

Diane said...

Applause to you! Am digging through my stash!

~amy~ said...

Yay! I'm going to round up some crafty friends and play along! Awesome cards ladies and a big wahoo to Jessi!

Deb said...

Just found your blog and your challenge through Diane at Lydia's Post, a wonderful cause and a great challenge!

CG said...

Your generosity overwhelms me. Thank you for inspiring both my crafting and my charity. Best to you all, CG

Marie Bingaman said...

I'm hoping to have some cards ready tomorrow! As usual, ladies, gorgeous creations! :)

Donna said...

Fab challenge ladies!! Awesome creations by Lauren, Stephanie and Jessi! Count me in!

Di said...

Great creations ladies and I had fun playing with my favourite colour! Hats off to you for such a generous pledge as well.

Di xx

Bananastamper said...

Just fabulous! I agree, I am inspired by both your creativity and your generosity to this wonderful cause!
Gorgeous creations, all of them. Having so much fun with pink!

Shanna :)

Whisper said...

A Big Thank you to Marie B for prompting me to take part in your Challenge for such a great cause too, Luv Sam x

mamapez5 said...

I´m so glad I saw Di´s post about this challenge while I still had time to make an entry. Great support for a worthwhile cause, and some lovely cards here from everyone. Kate x

Betty said...

am happy to add a card for this worthy cause - am a bc survivor - over 15 years.

Lucy Abrams said...

A blog reader of mine recommended your blog, and I'm so happy to be able to add my card. What a great thing you are doing.

Jenny L said...

Hi,
how could I not make a card to enter this challenge.
This is a very worthy cause.
Love all the inspiration from the team.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marie Bingaman said...

So glad to see so many great entries! :)

stevenjared0853 said...

Wow, Jessi's Card is so beautiful. I love this idea. And yeah, I also admire the work that you are doing for cancer awareness. I am a social worker and we usually arrange such awareness programs at local Hollywood venues.This work gives me peace from inside!

Allyseek said...

Allyseek is a global matrimony website intended to help you find your life partner. The matrimonial platform connects people from different nationalities and races from anywhere in the world. Trusted by millions of Brides & Grooms globally. Register FREE!.
Indian matrimony