Friday, October 30, 2015

Sketching, Sketching We Will Go

Week two of creating using a fun sketch ...


...here's what we created on our second try:


Stephanie says, "I was thinking about Lauren's cool torn edges as I rifled through my holiday paper stash ... and I found this gorgeous designer paper from Basic Grey's Alpine Frost Collection that already had wavy layers to torn paper build right into the design.  All I had to do was cut to size, add a coordinated 3-D sticker and a tiny sticker sentiment ... and voila.  It almost felt like cheating ... but it's not."


Lauren says, "Apparently, I was still thinking about torn edges, too! :) This time I combined them in lots of layers like snowy hills inspired by the holiday trees on this pretty "Craft and You" paper. The fact that they were positioned perfectly to accommodate both my layery patterned paper tree and Stephanie's beautiful sketch I suppose could also be looked upon as 'almost cheating'... and for the record I'm 100% *FINE* with that, lol! Let's face it, we all have some weeks with loads of lovely crafty play time and some weeks with very little wiggle room, so I'm always happy and grateful to accept a bit of serendipity when it comes my way!"


Remember, you have until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, November 4th to link-up your design. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:22.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Love how you both used the sketch in a more loose way to create your fun cards.