Sunday, January 1, 2017

No Time Like the *Presents*

It's January first... time to start making Christmas cards, right ♥JINGLE BELLES♥??! Ok, yes, we realize that might sound like a crazy thing to say, but if you're a papercrafter who spent the beginning of this (or any other!) December stressfully mass-producing holiday cards, then you're aware of the fact that it's a chore which can totally sneak up, and make your spirits anything but bright. OR... you could make one or two cards every fortnight, between now and Thanksgiving, in the company of friends... and TAKE DECEMBER BACK! Since you're reading this post, we suspect --like us-- you'd much prefer the latter scenario. So without further ado, let's get this card-makin' party started!

If you've read the title of this post, you already know that the first official ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ prompt of 2017 is called "No Time Like the PRESENTS" so we'd like to see holiday cards that include the image of an actual present... OR which include some upcycled giftwrap that you've used in place of (or in addition to) patterned paper. Easy, right? Here's what we made:



Stephanie says, "When I received this texty tissue paper wrapped around a gift, I knew immediately it would become some holiday cards.  I used the Faux Silk technique to create my background adding a Stampin' Up Bauble & punched bow."


Lauren says, "I decided to do both parts of the prompt, so my card has a cute little Crate Paper cardstock diecut present AND I've used some pretty pink croc-embossed giftwrap as a backdrop behind my little collage. I've even worked in an unofficial third aspect of the prompt by using one of the beautiful snow flurry transparency sheets by Hunkydory Crafts that were part of Stephanie's Christmas gift to me! Cool, right?!"

Now it's your turn to make your very first holiday masterpiece of the year. Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 18th... because yes, we're giving a little bit of extra time to this first prompt; but we'll be fortnightly the rest of the year like usual! Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:17:01.
An InLinkz Link-up

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy New Year! May it be a happy, healthy and creative one, with lots of Christmas cards made throughout the year!
Marianne x

Helen said...

Happy New Year Jingle Belles!
I'm an all year long Christmas card crafter, so I'll be back to join in the fun!
Helen x

Barbara Godden said...

I am excited to jump in again this year, in 2016 it was so nice not to be franticly making "winter" cards as I was too late for Merry Christmas. Love Stephanie's idea and will comment on her blog when she posts on FB as for some reason I can't comment from here.

SmilynStef said...

Love that you dived right into those transparencies ... and the pink wrapping paper is da' bomb. Here's to an awesome 2017.

lauren bergold said...

Happy Happy New Year to all of my fellow Jingle Belles!!! <3

KatheD said...

after a lovely late morning coffee in front of the portable firepit on the back deck and an even more fabulous omelette lunch, my husband just grinned at me when I told him how excited I was that there was a new Jingle Belles prompt, and that I must retire to the craft room and produce a Christmas card on New Year's Day ;)

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year! So looking forward to another year of fun challenges and beautiful inspiration and surely you've started it off just that way.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year! I'm excited for another year of challenges at my favorite Christmas blog!

~amy~ said...

Happy New Year! Hope to play along more this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sybrina K said...

Happy 2017... and welcome back, Jingle Belles! What a great challenge to start off a new year of Christmas card craftiness. :)

Emily Shroom said...

A fun challenge theme and great inspiration from the DT here and in the later posts!