Friday, January 13, 2017

Wrap It Up

As we mentioned last week, this first prompt of the year, "No Time Like the PRESENTS", does run slightly longer than usual: until next Wednesday, January 18th in fact!*  Which means you still have time to scroll down to the original post and link up a holiday card that has the image of gifts on it, OR which incorporates upcycled giftwrap... or both! Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:





Stephanie says, "In case you didn't know, Lauren is the best gift-wrapper on the planet, so I knew she wouldn't let me down with something to use for this prompt.  My gift was wrapped in the silver metallic wrapping paper that I used for my card base (which seemed like an awesome idea until I tried to photograph a completely metallic card).  I added a metallic silver doily, a die cut wreath and a glittery bow.  I finished with an Ellen Hutson sentiment and heart bling from Eyelet Outlet."


Lauren says, "I've got both elements again: the presents-- which are cardstock stickers-- are pretty obvious, but can you see the giftwrap? Let me give you a hint: it's the PENGUIN! He's from the paper that the gifts from my friend Gina came wrapped in, and seriously, before I'd even really properly looked at the gifts, I was already planning to glue the least wrinkly penguins to some plain white cardstock, lol, so I could fussycut them! I've used the sketch half of the current Fusion Challenge for my layout."



*After which we'll be back to our usual fortnightly schedule!

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Great cards, great prompt for the first of 2017