Friday, March 23, 2018

Spirit of Christmas PAST

Description:This week we're celebrating the look and feel of Christmas long ago by making cards with an old fashioned feel. You might incorporate actual vintage paper or lace, or use any of the many beautiful vintage-inspired papers and embellishments on the market; even a stamp or illustration with an old-fashioned vibe as your focal point will work ... whatever speaks vintage to you!

Here are our vintage holiday creations:





Stephanie says, "I did a *glue as you go* collage with lots of vintage bits and bobs from my stash ... sheet music, Ideals pages, and trading stamps.  I did add a bird punched from a journaling card, a metal wreath, a sentiment sticker & a piece of flair (with vintage looking script on it) before adding a few stamped images from Seth Apter's Post Office collection."

(Lauren says, "I confess I'm secretly *hoping* this card of Stephanie's will be in MY mailbox come December!!!")



Lauren says"I've hit all the categories for sourcing this time: I've got some actual vintage sheet music and lace from my stash, but the doily paper and doily scrap are new, commercially produced papercrafting supplies. The angel image kind of splits the difference: I scanned an actual vintage postcard from my collection, reduced it slightly to fit my not-quite-A7 card, and hit the edges with a bit of Antique Paper ink and a distressing tool."


Just in case you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING even vaguely vintage-inspired in your stash, here are a couple of scans from Lauren's personal collection of ephemera for you to use if you'd like:



To further inspire you, we've got a little prize for one (randomly selected) lucky cardmaker who links up with us this fortnight:

 like this one and a $10 credit to select anything else you'd like 
from Lauren's Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff

♥♥♥

Link up as many times as you'd like to, between now and 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, April 4th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:07.

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful inspiration cards, you know how I love the Vintage challenge. almost as much as Pink Christmas. Great pieces to help with creating too. As well as an awesome prize.

Sue Crease said...

Girls you've done it again! Beautiful cards. X

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Stephanie's card is AMAZING! So eye-catching! All the cards are gorgeous! Great vintage theme - maybe I'll get inspired!

LeAnne said...

Oooh, vintage....I will definitely be playing!

June Houck said...

Fabulous cards, as always L&S! This challenge is always a challenge for me, but I enjoy it!