Friday, August 10, 2018

Sketching in a Winter Wonderland

We're getting SKETCH-y this week at Jingle Belles ... we think there are lots of possibilities with this fun layout devised by Stephanie:


As always, you can stretch, shrink, expand, contract, flip or rotate this layout to suit your needs, just make sure we can see "the bones" of the sketch! Here's how we were inspired this week:


Stephanie says, "I chose papers from the same collection (Echo Park I Love Christmas).  I sponged ink around the three punched 2 1/2" circles to help cover the white edges (on the red) and tie the designs together.  I finished with a Santa sticker from the same collection, a Christmas rub-on sentiment, and lots of layers to frame the design."


Lauren says, "Amongst the many things I love about this sketch, it's a FAB fab opportunity to use a bunch of smaller stamps or stickers, which I sometimes find challenging. In this case, I've brought out my favorite Doodlebug characters, from their 'Here Comes Santa' line. I swapped hearts for the circles, and I've punched them out of my blue snowflake paper, then layered it over some high-contrast red to create little frames. This left me with a rather long rectangle, so I decided on a 'tall card' design."

And now it's your turn! Link your sketch cards right here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, August 22nd. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:18:17

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I don't often play with you guys, but I follow each week and always want to see what you've done! I saw the sketch and thought for sure one of you would have built a snowman! I was wrong! Maybe I'll make time to play 😃 ⛄

Celeste Goff said...

Love this fun sketch! Love everything the design team came up with!

Kampin' Karen said...

Thank you for giving me the inspiration to go rogue with my card kit!

Lorraine said...

Great sketch!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for the challenge! And for me, it turned out to be a YUGE one. I grew character right before my eyes and it didn't kill me, lol xoxoxo