Friday, July 24, 2020

Colorful Christmas Redux

We're still making holiday cards based on the fabulous decor scheme in this photograph and you're still invited to join us. Just choose one or more element(s) you like in the photo and use them in your card! Be sure to point out what inspired you if it isn't obvious.


 Here's how we were inspired this week:


Stephanie says, "I wanted to focus on the multiple Banners in the rainbow of colors with lots of white space.  I used Taylored Expressions Party Pennants Background inked and stamped with my MISTI with different colors.  Sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Spoiler Alert.  I finished with bling on two of the beaded garlands red at the top & purple at the bottom."




Lauren says, "This week, I went less literal, so instead of a card that resembles the photo in any way, I have a card in which I've chosen some of the elements to reinterpret. For example, the banners on the fireplace are represented by this patterned paper's star and circle garland pattern; the sparkly tree decorations get a nod from my glitter foam star shapes; the bottle brush trees and tiny houses are interpreted by pretty cardstock cut outs; and of course there's lots of nice white background!"


Link your cards at the original post, which is directly below this one

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific DT interpretations of the photo for this 2nd go-around. Wonderful cards with those garlands!!