Friday, April 14, 2023

From Trash to Treasure

We're still celebrating Earth Day 2023 by making holiday cards that feature a recycled, reused or upcycled element





and you're still invited to join the fun, which we hope you will. Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie's Other Card

Stephanie says, "I built my card around recycled packaging from Tim Holtz for my card base ... the snowy edges seemed like the perfect home for my vintage Santa ephemera.  I layered on a vintage calendar and a punch of poinsettia paper for a bit more red on the corner.  The layout is a Sketch from Just Add Ink with a stamped sentiment from Taylored Expressions Pennant Parade Christmas and a rub-on sentiment along the bottom to finish the design."



Lauren says, "My recycled ingredients for this week include some poinsettia giftwrap that I backed with cardstock; part of a box from a cool tea-themed advent calendar my neighbor Deb gave me; and the cover of a random holiday catalog I saved. I glued the catalog cover to some cardstock, then fussycut the handsome nutcracker. I used the tea box and the giftwrap just like regular patterned paper, adding gold mats to make them stand out more. I found a glittery sentiment flag in a pack of cardstock ephemera pieces (from Carta Bella a couple of years ago, I think) and added it on little slivers of foam tape et voila... my design is complete!"

No comments: