Friday, April 7, 2023

Peace on EARTH DAY!

It's April and thus time for one of our favorite Jingle Belles challenges: our Earth Day Special, for which we make holiday cards that feature at least one recycled, reused or upcycled item. 



A few examples to get you started: you could use the giftwrap or ribbon that was too pretty to throw away after unwrapping your presents; maybe you saved some pretty papercraft packaging or the cover of a beautifully staged holiday catalog; you could make a shaker window from the clear plastic box your salad came in. 

If past years are anything to go by, we're pretty sure that as you start looking around you'll find SOMETHING cool that you can use for this challenge. Then be sure to tell us what the "special" items are in your post. Here's what we made; can you guess what the recycled elements are? 



Lauren says, "I often save tissue boxes. I don't know why, but the designs on them are often as pretty as commercial patterned paper and since they're made of thin but sturdy cardboard, they are absolutely perfect for diecutting. In this case, I started out with two different boxes, one with a green leopard pattern and one with wispy pine boughs. Then I chose two wood grains from Photoplay's It's a Wonderful Christmas line, and two tan scraps for the sentiment (cut with Tim Holtz's Lowercase Typo alphabet dies) as well as grocer's kraft card bases, Eyelet Outlet Glitter Enamels and a bit of Pavilio White Lace Tape to die them all together. There was no real need to add machine stitching, but I was in the mood, so I did."


Stephanie say, "I started my card by die cutting the Be Merry from a holiday card my brother gave me a few years ago that I saved for just such an occasion.  Next I die cut a piece of polka dot packaging from Pretty Little Studio (they have the prettiest packaging too).  In the same way that Lauren saves tissue boxes, I save craft product packaging because so much of it is so lovely.   Since I used their packaging, I added a sticker sentiment from Pretty Little Studio The Merriest Word and finished designing the card with some painted paper from my stash."

♥♥♥

Link your cards right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, April 19th. Keyword for galleries, Flickr etc is JB2308.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: