Friday, October 6, 2023

We're Dreaming of a Pink Christmas

It's the first week of October and thus it's time for PINK CHRISTMAS at Jingle Belles; the annual event where we ask YOU to make and link up as many predominantly PINK holiday cards as you possibly can, because WE (Stephanie and Lauren) are each going to donate $2 per card to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation! 



So what qualifies as a PINK CHRISTMAS card? It's pretty simple: the cards should be newly made, with a winter holiday theme, and they should feature PINK prominently. Does your whole card have to be pink? Certainly not. Can you combine other colors with the pink? Of course! Should you have more pink than say two or three baubles on your green tree set against a snowy white background? Well, yes... that would be good, lol. But other than that, we'll leave it to you to decide how much pink, what shade, and how to employ it! Can you link up more than one PINK CHRISTMAS card? Yes, indeed, please do!

Here's what we made this week:



Stephanie's PINK CHRISTMAS Card

Stephanie says, "My sweet sister-in-law gifted me with these adorable Tim Holtz Christmas Cartoon stamps (which remind me a bit of vintage Calvin and Hobbes), so I couldn't resist stamping them in Catherine Pooler Party Dress Pink on a pink card base.  I used a light pink marker to ground the images."



Lauren says, "I built my card around my favorite pink ink: Wendy Vecchi's Rosey Posey Archival from Ranger, so it seemed like a good idea to also break out the gorgeous poinsettia from Wendy's awesome Doodle Christmas stamp set. I gold embossed the blooms and used a waterbrush filled with Isopropyl Alcohol to paint them with the aforesaid Rosey Posey and Leaf Green. I added Sunflower Liquid Pearls to the centers and made a larger flower cluster on top of a background featuring a scrap of ancient Prima pink plaid paper, torn sheet music and a few strips of washi tape. I have literally no idea where that little sentiment sticker came from, but it was the perfect size and shape, so on it went!"

♥♥♥♥♥

Link as many PINK CHRISTMAS cards as you'd like, right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, October 18th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB2321.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay for my favourite JB prompt of the year!
Last year, I could not join the fun because I was visiting family in the Netherlands, but expect lots of pink creations this year to make up for it.
Also love how your cards as so different, super CAS vs layered.
Marianne 😍

Helen said...

A great challenge and a wonderful cause - thanks so much for this challenge x

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards. My daughter is a breast cancer survivor and I am a cancer survivor (womb).
I have entered my card in lots of other challenges to spread the word of your challenge.

Marianne said...

Thanks again for motivating me to get some (pink) cards done for this year's Christmas card stash. I would have linked up 10 more if I had had the time to finish them up. 😂🤣😁
Marianne x