Friday, April 19, 2024

Christmas Down to EARTH (Day)

At Jingle Belles, we're still celebrating EARTH DAY by creating cards featuring recycled materials. 

We also encourage you to check out your local Earth Day events on and around April 22nd (in my neighborhood we're having a big public spaces trash clean-up party).

Here's how we recycled this week:


Lauren says, "Unfortunately I can't remember who gave me the gorgeous holiday-themed napkin which is the centerpiece of this week's card. I carefully peeled apart the layers, stuck it to a piece of Xyron-ed cardstock, and then discovered that there was ONE MORE layer I'd been unaware of. Having (even more carefully) peeled that one off, it turned out I had a semi-translucent layer of those lovely, whimsical critters, to which I (very VERY carefully) applied gluestick and stuck to a piece of navy-blue sheet music from an old Christmas Ideals magazine. A patterned paper mat, metallic diecut snowflakes and a Tim Holtz sticker sentiment complete the design of this not-quite-A7 card."


Stephanie says, "This card started with a piece of rainbow painted packaging from Viki Boutin Mixed Media Stencils that I die cut with a large tag die, adding a Doodlebug Design Candy Cane Lane Puffy Santa sticker over the hole at the hole at the top.  My Art Impressions Java Gift Card Holder was die cut entirely from three different pieces of saved packaging (can you see the swirls on the cup from Tim Holtz).  I used two more Doodlebug puffy stickers to decorate my cup and attached it to my rainbow tag with foam tape. STAMPlorations Caffeinated Christmas is my coffee-themed sentiment (designed by my uber talented friend Becca Cruger).  I finished with the absolutely perfectly coordinated rainbow paper from Simple Stories for the card base)I'm also joining Amy T.'s Caffeinated Christmas Challenge."

Link your recycling-centric cards on the original Earth Day post (directly below this) and be sure to check out the inspiring cards in the Readers' Gallery.

No comments: