Friday, May 10, 2024

Cardstock Christmas

This fortnight at Jingle Belles we're asking you to step away from the designer paper … yes, put it away … none allowed … not even a scrap … because this time the assignment is to create a holiday card using only cardstock. You can tear it, ink it, stamp it, spray it, emboss it, die cut it … but stick to only cardstock for your holiday card design.

Here's how we "took stock" this week:



Stephanie says, "I used Waffle Flower Skinny Strips die cut with the colors from the current Color Hues Challenge - Lilac & Lime.  I added a perfectly coordinated Lime Mini Doily with a die cut, sentiment & Enamel Dots from Waffle Flower to finish the design."


Lauren says, "My name is Lauren and I'm a scrap-hoarder! I confess that it's difficult for me to throw away scraps and off-cuts, so a few times a year, I make quilty or, in this case, stripy backgrounds to use them up. This version features various shades and textures of red, white and green cardstock; from smooth and glossy to chunky and glittery; arranged to resemble peppermint candies. Fabric poinsettias, plastic leaves and holiday flair complete the design. There's a bit more about the technique on my personal blog, in case you'd like to try your own version of this easy/flexible idea."

Link your own Christmassy Cardstock Creations, right here. This challenge runs until 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, May 22nd. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB2410.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: