Friday, May 31, 2024

Saint Nick-Tac-Toe

We're still playing crafty Tic-Tac-Toe this week, so here's another look at the board with all its inspiring possibilities:


And here's how we played the game:


Lauren says, "This week I chose the diagonal that runs from top left to bottom right, which gave me Snowman + Red or Green + Tree(s), mostly because I was gifted Lawn Fawn's "Snowball Fight" stamps and dies, and I couldn't wait to use them. Technically I've got a snow-mouse rather than a SNOWMAN, but I am unrepentant about this minor example of cheating, lol! My GREEN comes in the form of said snowrodent's scarf as well as the TREES which I punched from scraps of LF's Spiffier Speckles. I'd planned on making this into a shaker card, and thus created the raised heart aperture, but in the end I felt like the shaker sequins would've obscured the adorable details of the stamps, so I opted for the slightly simpler design you see here."


Stephanie says, "This week I played vertically straight down the center with Embossing, Green & Die Cuts.  I started by die cutting the Impression Obsession Layered TreeImpression Obsession Layered Tree from Core'dinations Cardstock.  Next I embossed a lighter shade of green cardstock with the Simon Says Stamp Streaming Embossing Folder.  I used the Sketch from The Paper Players and cut the embossed panel in two.  I added a horizontal piece of brown woodgrain embossed cardstock and then used foam tape on every other bough of my tree for some dimension.  I die cut the stitched star from Impression Obsession Patchwork Tree from Gold Glitter Cardstock & decorated my tree with golden ivory gems.  I finished with a sentiment from Impression Obsession Holiday Words."

♥♥♥
JB2411: Tree Skirt Tic-Tac-Toe runs until next Wednesday evening, June 5th; scroll down to the original post for the linky tool and Readers' Gallery!

No comments: