Monday, January 1, 2018

Look What Santa Brought Me

To start 2018 off right, we're celebrating all things new by using new things to create our first holiday card of the year.

Specifically, we're asking you to gather-up the new crafting goodies you received for the holidays and put them to crafty use!  Just in case all you got from Santa was a bag of coal, break-out something from your crafting arsenal that you haven't created with yet. OR... perhaps you'd like to hit those fabulous "After Xmas" sales and treat yourself to a bargain or two?!

Meanwhile, here's what Santa brought us:


Stephanie says, "I've had this Simon Says Stamp Ring Wreath on my wish list for quite some time ... for its first use, I filled the black cardstock die cut with two colors of teal glitter cardstock (if you enlarge, you can see the subtle difference in color) and silver glitter cardstock.  I finished with a Joy sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Big Words-Encouraging Words and a punched black cardstock bow ... this card just screams mid-century modern to me, which is a design period I love."


Lauren says, "My blogging partner and crafty BFF Stephanie (who is also a Stampin' Up representative) gave me a gorgeous double-sided SU collection called, "Quilted Christmas" which I just couldn't wait to use! I'm not sure how both the green stitchy pattern and the glorious red gingham wound up as mats, but I love how they look. Meanwhile, those handsome reindeer and the fun holiday trees are from an American Crafts sticker sheet that came in a big bundle of xmas stickers I bought from one of my favorite daily deal sites... just a little too late to use in the 2017 JB season. I've added in some ancient Love, Elsie music paper and Hambly snowflake stickers to round off this fun winter scene."

And to get your new year off to a great start, we Jingle Belles will be sharing a prize with one lucky (randomly selected) participant of our first prompt of 2018.


You know you want that cute little holiday trio, fun Christmas papers and that tiny holiday tree ... so come join the fun. Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 10th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:01


16 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy New Year! It always feels great to start a new year with fresh inspiration and supplies. Love both of your cards. As you can see on my blog, I have already started on this year's Christmas cards, and I'm hoping to have a play with some of my Black Friday goodies which made their way to Greece in the past two weeks.

Jane Willis said...

Happy New Year - the linky doesn't seem to be working so here's my post
http://onionsandpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/white-on-white-christmas-at-sparkles.html
Jane

Barbara Godden said...

Both cards are awesome, I'm so excited to get 2018 Christmas started. Happy New Year to both of you.

Deena said...

Your cards are Fantabulous. Love them. I think I may publicly play along with you guys this year and not be a closet jingle belles player. Just have to keep out my Christmas stuff this year (or at least a bit of it) :). Love your inspiration.

Lisa said...

Fabulous inspiration! Great way to start the New Year :)

Sue Crease said...

Happy New Year to you both. Fab cards & theme to kickstart the year. X

Lisa said...

Happy New Year to both of you! I'm so happy to see that you're back for another season of festive inspiration - all year long! I know I say this every January, but I SO want to join in again this year! I miss you guys and your awesome cards. I've updated my Jingle Belles header on my blog and have noted down the prompt - fingers crossed for some post-Christmas, pre-Christmas card making! Happy 2018

Darnell said...

I love how you showcased your new goodies, ladies! Thank you for another fun challenge! (Please draw another name if I come up in the random draw. I have so much schtuff so I'd rather see your generous prize go to someone else!) Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn said...

I've followed this blog for a few years now. I always love what I see! No exception this time. I always say (to myself) that this is the year I will follow along AND participate, but THIS IS THE YEAR, for sure! One question... Do you have to be a blogger to link up?

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lauren bergold said...

A reply to Dawn from Lauren, that I hope you'll see b/c I don't know how else to get in touch with you! NO, you definitely don't have to be a blogger to link up! You do need to post your photo SOMEWHERE online: flickr or any other photo hosting gallery, facebook, instagram, split coast stampers, etc... then use *that* specific link to post your pic to the linky tool. And of course we'd LOVE for you to participate, plus... it really is pretty fun, if we do say so ourselves! ♥♥♥

Karen Petitt said...

Happy New Year to you all!
Many thanks for the challenge and for getting us ready for Christmas 2018! Beautiful inspirations from the team too, looks like many of us have new goodies to play with too Karen x

Sybrina K said...

Happy 2018! Looks like the two of you were definitely on Santa's good list. Thanks for another year of getting a head start on Christmas cards. :)

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Such cool and inspiraring designs. Tfs and great new year.

Dawn said...

Lauren... Thanks for your reply! I do post my cards to an album in Facebook so hopefully I can figure that out tomorrow. Thanks and looking forward to participating!

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, look what Santa brought all the good little girls! Great way to start the new year off with such wonderful inspiration from the both of you. Happy New Year!