Friday, January 26, 2018

Text Me

This week we're asking you to create a Holiday Card that celebrates TEXT.

It might mean using letter stickers, book pages, dictionary pages, phone book pages, texty patterned paper or just creating a card where the sentiment is the star of the show … make sure you get TEXTY.


Here's how we incorporated words this week:



Stephanie says, "As often happens, I went searching for one thing in my studio, and got distracted by another discovery ... in this case, it was a piece of lovely texty paper from My Mind's Eye the Merry Days of Christmas ... which then took me on a completely different creative path.  I added a craft tag, a vintage journaling notecard from Prima's Sweet Peppermint Collection and a sticker sentiment to finish the design."


Lauren says, "Ok, so, as you may have noticed, this card is *FLAT*. Like... really flat. Yes, it's got a couple of layers popped up on foam tape; but no flowers, no lace, no big swirly gem flourishes... just a sentiment-centric journal card, a texty background paper and some pretty plaid mats. I kept trying to add more stuff, but it didn't look right. So I'm going with this. They might ask me for ID at the post office when I try to mail it, lol! I used the current Sketch Saturday layout, which is really cool and somewhat explains the minimalism."

Link your gorgeous text-centric masterpieces right here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 7th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:08.



3 comments:

Marianne said...

Fun prompt and cards, and a great job on the minimalist layers, Lauren! ;-)

Beverly S. said...

Both of your cards are pretty! I'll definitely be joining in on the fun with this one....fun challenge. :)

Sybrina K said...

Thanks so much for another great holiday card challenge. Love both sets of cards from the last two weeks.... especially Lauren's rub-on-stencil-inspired card. :)