Friday, June 15, 2018

I'm Dreaming of a WHITE Christmas

This week we're asking you to go WHITE ... create a card that predominantly features the color white.  Maybe you'll create with snowmen ... or snowflakes ... or just all of your favorite white papers.  We just want to see the amazing beauty that comes from the absence of colors.

Here's what we created.




Stephanie says, "I won't lie, I was stuck this week.  I finally just grabbed every piece of white designer paper and white embellishment I could find in my stash and laid them all out on my craft table.  Then I went hunting for inspiration in my favorite place ... the talented Lauren who I knew has a particular talent with the color WHITE.  I took my inspiration from her gorgeous card from 2013.  Lots of white banners, felt snowflakes, white doilies, white ribbon and a white sentiment sticker.



Lauren says, "Ok, so, I had really informative things to tell you about my card this week, and now I'm blushing so hard from what Stephanie said, that I can't remember, lol! But I have actually had quite a bit of practice with the white-on-white genre, because I have an aunt whose favorite color is white! My secret tactic when I can't use a range of colors is to compensate with lots (and LOTS) of texture. So my card has torn, inked and layered bits of a white gridded patterned paper (by Photoplay) topped with loads of lovely dimensional florals, a few diecut snowflakes that incorporate colorburst + modelling paste and a nice big chipboard sentiment. And before you ask about envelopes... this is definitely one that will get mailed with a package, or better yet, handed to its recipient in December!"


And now it's your turn to break out all of your white and create a marvelous holiday creation ... and link it here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, June 27th. keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:12.

4 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Two beautiful cards ladies.
Sue x

Lillianb said...

Lovely DT cards and all entries as well,

Lilian B

Sybrina K said...

Thanks for another great challenge and more wonderful inspiration!

Lorraine said...

You always blow me away with your gorgeous inspiration cards.