Friday, October 8, 2021

I'm dreaming of a PINK Christmas

If you've played along with us in other years, you may already know that at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we always devote the first theme of each October to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that for each card that gets linked up, we (Stephanie and Lauren) each donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (yep that's $4 total for each card linked-up)

There aren't many rules for this challenge other than the fact that each card has to be newly made; it has to have a winter holiday theme; and it has to feature PINK prominently. Of course your whole card need not be pink, and you can combine other colors with the pink



Here is how we celebrated went PINK CHRISTMAS this week:




Stephanie says, "I started with a pile of pink designer papers that I assembled using a World Cardmaking Day sketch from Sketch ~N~ Scrap.  When I pulled in the floral holiday paper, I decided it reminded me of the Taylored Expressions In Bloom Background, so I stamped it in pink on my background designer paper.  Then I pulled out the Taylored Expressions Mythical Grumplings and Simple Strips Christmas to finish my design.  My final embellishment was a pink glittery snowflake to complete the sketch design."



Lauren says, "When I saw Lawn Fawn's 'Window Scene, Winter' stamp set at Paper Anthology I let out a little squeak of joy, because as a matter of fact, I own a couch a bit like that one (there's a pic on my blog) which sits directly in front of a large and dramatic window. The real-life couch truly is pink, though the rest of the room is a bit more neutral. And we've never had a plaid tree, but the blue spruce that I cover with my vintage ornament collection each year sits exactly where the tree from LF's 'Joy to All' is in the card. There are Eyelet Outlet Pink Pearls on this tree, and (white) snowflake sequins in the shaker that's behind the window frame, which is diecut using the add-on 'Window Frame' die set."


Link your beautiful PINK CHRISTMAS cards right here, by 6pm (est) on Wednesday, October 20th. Keyword for galleries and flickr is JB-21-21.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I've been happily anticipating this challenge prompt, and since I haven't been able to keep up the Christmas card making so far this year, I intend to create many pink cards this fortnight. In fact, I have already started...
Thanks for hosting this one again and thanks for the inspiration. After seeing Lauren's card, I'm also thinking I may need to do some paper piecing to mimick her brilliant PP die cutting.
Marianne x

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards.
Thank you for donating (my daughter is a breast cancer survivor)

Liz Williams said...

I love finding these Christmas challenges to do during the year, as it keeps me motivated and able to get some of my Christmas cards done early. This pink one was particularly fun!! Love the two fun examples to inspire our ideas!