Friday, August 23, 2024

An Old-Fashioned Holiday

We're still celebrating a vintage/retro holiday vibe and since there's a nice little prize of holiday vintage goodies from Lauren's Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff, you might like to join the fun by making a new holiday card featuring vintage or vintage-inspired items or a theme/graphics that feel vintage to you. 

Scroll down to the original Spirit of Christmas Past post to link your cards and get a look at the prize.

 Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:

Lauren's Other Card

Lauren says, "This week my card is composed of nearly all genuine vintage and found papers, similar to those that are in the Deluxe Christmas Assortments in my Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff; in fact, the reason I started my shop was because I had collected such an extensive stash of goodies, it seemed like I should probably try to share a few of those, lol. For my card, I made a largely random collage of vintage text paper and sheet music, though I confess that I did take care to let the title of "The Holly and the Ivy" have a prominent position. A bit of foliage cut from a vintage illustration and some lovely torn Christmas seals from 1957 complete the background, which I lightly edged with Antique Linen Distress Ink and matted on both red and white cardstock before machine stitching around the perimeter. The handsome cardinal is from a piece of giftwrap I saved last December; I backed it with plain white cardstock before fussy-cutting, then popped it up on a bit of foam tape for extra dimension."



Stephanie says, "I found this vintage holiday card at an estate sale.  I die cut the poinsettia image from the front of the card, and then I stamped the Savvy Stamps Happy Holidays Block on the back of the card and die cut it with a circle.  I added some gold thread using the current Atlantic Hearts Sketch."


No comments: