Friday, August 2, 2024

Holiday Leftovers

One of our favorite things about the holiday meal is the leftovers... maybe you enjoy a little stuffing and cranberry sauce on your ham sandwich; or eating sweet potatoes topped with pecans and  marshmallows for breakfast.

So this fortnight, we're celebrating Holiday Leftovers by creating cards using all of those little leftover pieces of papers, alphabet letters, stickers, ribbon; you know, all those things we've saved somewhere because they were just too lovely to throw away or recycle. Well, now we want you to retrieve a few and use them to make some fun holiday leftover cards.  

Here's how we created with our Leftovers this week.


Stephanie says, "This card was made from all of the leftovers I had sitting on my studio table (pile shown on my blog).  I loved how the bits leftover from several of my last few holiday cards worked together to form this ultra-layered design.  I was even able to find a *sentiment* from one of the scraps."



Lauren says, "My batch of leftovers (you can see them on my blog) consisted of an already paper-pieced version of Spellbinders' Snowman Hugs die set; a background where I stamped and masked with several different Wendy Vecchi background stamps and her gorgeous Leaf Green Archival Ink; a few paper strips that had been border-punched; and the de-bossed side of a panel of green cardstock on which I had inked the em-bossed side... but then not liked it. All I had to do to make the leftovers into the card was round the corners on the two panels, add another layer of patterned paper, and machine-stitch around the edges. Easy, peasy!"

♥♥♥

This "Holiday Leftovers" challenge runs until 6pm (Eastern) on the evening of Wednesday, August 14th. Keyword for galleries, etc, is JB2416.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: