Friday, August 9, 2024

Raiding the Refrigerator (or Craft Stash)

We're still creating with Holiday Leftovers at Jingle Belles this week ... remember we want to see you use all of those little crafty leftovers that you saved because they were too pretty to throw away or recycle. 

Here how we raided our crafty stashes this week to create our holiday cards:


Lauren says, "Periodically, I get in the mood to make this sort of quiltish, paper-pieced strip backgrounds, so I'll make a bunch, use a few, put the rest aside, and... forget all about them, lol. So in a way, this is a story about DOUBLE leftovers, because the background itself was made from offcut strips; and then it, too, became a leftover! On top of the background I've got a blue patterned paper offcut from last week's card; some poinsettias embossed with Ranger's Red Glitter Embossing Powder; the last three brads from an ancient My Mind's Eye brad set; and a glossy red metallic Cut-plorations' Jingle Bells diecut. I added all of the above to a white A6 card, machine-stitched around the whole thing... et voila!"


Stephanie says, "I went back the same pile of leftovers on my studio table, and I was thrilled to be able to put together a second card using-up most of my leftovers and a teal card base.  I was so glad I found a home for that cute little Polar Bear.  I finished with some red bling and a Hello Bluebird Typed Christmas Sentiment."


No comments: