Friday, August 30, 2024

Loves Labor Day Lost

Since Monday, September 2nd, will be Labor Day here in the United States, we've decided to celebrate by giving you a bit of a head start with this week's card design.

We're asking you to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) any of the cards that Lauren or Stephanie have made for any of the previous Jingle Belles prompts (yep, you've got 13 1/2 years of cards to choose from). Be sure to link to the card that inspired you and tell us the selective edits you made to the design.

Here is how we inspired one another.

Stephanie says, "For my inspiration, I chose this Masculine Card that Lauren made in May 2022.

Lauren's Inspiration Card

I used a different Penny Black Across the Miles Masterpieces Made Simple (mine is horizontal vs. vertical) and added different Eyelet Outlet Brads (a cardinal in the tree branch and a poinsettia by the sentiment for a bit more red in the design).  I also chose to use a different color to frame my sentiment than the frame for my Masterpiece, and added a strip of white glitter paper for a vertical element."


♥♥♥

Lauren says, "For my inspiration, believe it or not, with NO IDEA what Stephanie had chosen or made, I picked I this card of Stephanie's from July of 2022, which in an amazing, totally coincidental, example of magnificent mindmelding, ALSO features a Penny Black Masterpieces Made Simple illustrated panel!!!

Stephanie's Inspiration Card

"I didn't have the exact same Penny Black illustration, but I did have three other horizontally oriented ones from various Masterpieces Made Simple sets (hilariously including the illustration Stephanie used this week!) so rather than try to choose my favorite, I decided to make three cards this week. I used a different style of Eyelet Outlet Fancy Bling, but luckily it was long enough to cover all three cards, though I couldn't quite take it to the edge. I added very skinny mats in a shimmery cream cardstock and chose to put the sentiments on top of the panels instead of beneath."


Remember, you can choose ANY Jingle Belles card(s) by Stephanie or Lauren from our entire 13+ year history, just be sure to link to the inspiration card(s) and tell us what your "selective" edits are. Link them right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, September 11th. Keyword is JB2418.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Wow! Thanks for the pick. Cheers to all that took up the challenge. Warm regards Jolanda