Friday, March 1, 2024

Holiday Cards to DIE(cut) For

This fortnight at Jingle Belles, we're asking you to make cards that primarily feature Die Cuts... (we'll also allow punches or items cut from electronic cutting machines like Cricut or Silhouette) ... just make sure the dies are front & center in your design.

Here's how we created our Christmas CUTs this week:


Stephanie says, "I started with the Trinity Mini Slimline Woven Die Cut from White Cardstock & thin marbled & gelliprinted paper, that I attached together for sturdiness.  I attached it to another gelliprinted background piece before adding lots of other die cuts using a sketch from Try a Sketch on Tuesday.  There are four different Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Die Cuts (Jewel, Kinley, Bliss & Alicia) together with the CZ Design Joyful die cuts.  I finished with Pinkfresh Studio Gems."



Lauren says, "I adore my Tim Holtz/Sizzix Snowglobe #2 die set, but it has 26 separate dies, so as much as I love it, realistically, I only actually attempt it a couple of times per year. But there is NO arguing with the results, because seriously HOW CUTE are those tiny houses?! Apparently, the last time I used it, I organized the dies into three groups and wrote a cheat sheet (more about this on my blog) which streamlined the process, so it's possible you'll be seeing it a lot more in future!"

♥♥♥  

Link your diecut-centric creations right here! Our Jingle Belles Holiday Cards to DIE(cut) For challenge will run until 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday evening, March 13th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB2405.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous cards from you both! This one will require some thought from yours truly, Jo x

Darnell said...

Your die-cut designs are divine, gals! Thank you for another fun challenge! Hugs, Darnell