Friday, March 8, 2024

Prepare to DIE(cut)

This week at Jingle Belles we're still creating cards that primarily feature Die Cuts; shaped images made with craft punches or electronic systems (like Silhouette or Cricut) are also acceptable in this context.

Here are our "to-DIE-for" cards that we made this week:

Lauren says, "This week I've used three dies to make two versions of one card. Penny Black's Glorious Poinsettia is my focal image; for each card I cut it several times from both green red, to make it more substantial and to emphasize the petals and leaves. I also used two of the three dies in Tim Holtz's Sizzix Mixed Media Christmas set to create background patterns using negative space, then layered the pierced backgrounds onto contrasting colors. As you can see, I love combining multiple patterned papers; and NO, for the record, I've never met a Christmas plaid I didn't love!"



Stephanie says, "I combined four different Impression Obsession die cut sets (all linked in my blog post) together with googly eyes and Eyelet Outlet Holiday Coffee Cup & Candy Cane Brads for a fun green winter scene for the Caffeinated Christmas Challenge."

You have until 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, March 13th to link-up and join us.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

love them both! so wildly different but so much fun: I don't think there's a Christmas plaid out there I hate either Lauren, and Stef - that snowman with the googly eye and teeny coffee cup and candy cane - is A-dorable!