Friday, March 22, 2013

Leave It In Neutral!

There's still nearly a whole week left for you to explore the fun and challenge of creating a holiday card which eschews color for our "Neutral Noel" prompt, inspired by lovely guest star Noelle McAdams. We hope you'll join in the fun... and remember... there's a fun prize on offer, too! Meanwhile, here's what we did this time:

Noelle says, "I wanted this card to be rustic and elegant with a touch of whimsy. This card has lots of fun layers to add to the interest as well. I started with a chocolate brown card and dry embossed it with a texture plate. Following an older sketch, I cut an acetate scrap printed with snowflakes and a crackle print scrap of DP with the same die. I adhered them together with no adhesive showing by running the acetate through a Xyron. The rectangular panel was created with a scrap of kraft DP that has a woodgrain print on it. Cute Mr. Snowman was paper pieced onto that panel from a subtle snowflake DP. His nose and heart were colored with a copper pen (to keep it neutral!) and then some Stickles for a bit of added interest. The final accent is made with a glittery silver snowflake and a stamped banner for the sentiment. "



Lauren says, "One of my 'go-to' techniques for a limited palette is to embrace monochrome... and then realllllllllllly load up on both texture and different shades of the color I've chosen. On this card I've got bright white, off white, snowy white, pearl white, a couple of greyish whites, some glitter, a clear acrylic transparency, silk flowers with pearl centers, and some luscious vintage eyelet trim which was actually a gift from the aunt for whom i make a white-on-white card each year... and how thrilling that for 2013 I've already accomplished that mission!"



Stephanie says, "My card began with a Memory Box Flowering Christmas Tree die cut from wood grain paper.  Next I layered on more neutral papers from DCWV's White Fern Stack.  I finished with tan pearls to decorate the tree & a sentiment from A Muse using this week's Cardabilities Sketch."

Be sure to scroll down to the gallery and check out the way your fellow belles are ROCKIN' this awesome idea! ♥

3 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

GORGEOUS cards ladies!! I love them all!! :)

Lara said...

I really like he neutral color theme. Beautiful cards!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really love these cards in 'neutral'. They look so elegant.
Caroline xxx