Friday, July 26, 2013

Carol of the Sleigh Belles

We're still making cards with sleighs, with bells, with sheet music... or all of the above! Won't you join us? There's a bit of a fab prize on offer from our lovely guest star, Jessi Fogan, too; scroll down to the main post for details! Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:


Jessi says, "This Hero Arts sentiment stamp is one of my long-time favourites...I bought it from Ebay probably ten years ago? I think it was the stamp that initially inspired me to add some bells to a card. I also wanted to use some of the multi-coloured bells, and some of this Crate Paper patterned paper - that I got on clearance last month. In my little town - I was so excited! Bright, colourful, cute, and sparkly Christmas cards really are my favourite to make."


Lauren says, "It wasn't until I started making cards for this prompt that I realized how *few* sleigh images I have in my Christmas collection... I think I need to change that! Luckily I found this great Anna Griffin dimensional sticker, which is big enough to be the focal point of a card. Teamed up with a music-printed journaling card, some miscellaneous papers, and a pretty golden diecut sentiment, I kind of love the traditional style of this one!"


Stephanie says, "Since I went with the sleigh last week, I knew I wanted to incorporate at least one of the other elements in this week's design.  I went searching through my vintage holiday sheet music collection and found this great page ... which was much too large for a card ... so I scanned it, keeping all of the wonderful aged paper color, and sized it for my card front.  I added some fun digital Jingle Bells Holly embellishments before printing, and then added colored pencil accents to the illustration (I'm sure there's probably a sleigh outside the window)."

1 comment:

Rose said...

three more awesome cards girl :)