Friday, May 23, 2014

PEACE on Earth

For our next prompt, we're celebrating PEACE ... we're asking you to incorporate a Peace Symbol or the word PEACE into your design ... or you can create a card that evokes Peace for you (make sure you explain what makes it PEACEful to you).

Here are our PEACEful creations:


Stephanie says, "In addition to using the word PEACE for my sentiment, I incorporated a peaceful night-time forest covered in snowfall ... as well as a monochromatic CAS design using a sketch from Hero Arts (which I find to be peaceful on the eyes)."


Lauren says, "Having never made a Christmas card with a peace sign on it, of course I HAD TO try! I used a piece of clipart as a template to cut a peace sign out of sparkly glitter paper, which I used to frame a pretty dove from an old Christmas card. The snowflake background paper is another bit of "up-cycling" to which I've attached a few chipboard flakes for added dimension. I've sewn some (arguably) snowflake-like vintage lace around the perimeter, between the main panel and the card base, but I'm still debating whether I like the fact that it overhangs or not. If you see this in December and the whole thing's affixed to a slightly larger silver card base, you'll know I changed my mind, lol!"


You have until 6pm on Wednesday, June 4th to upload your PEACEful creations; gallery keyword for Flickr Gallery and other galleries is JB:14:11.


6 comments:

Marianne said...

Wonderful prompt and cards ladies! For me, Stephanie's card depicts a perfect peaceful winter scene and I just love how Lauren incorporated the peace sign in such a clever and elegant way into her design. Things seem to be settling down over here, so I'm hoping I'll be able to join in again.

Julia Aston said...

What a great prompt for Christmas! love your peaceful trees Steph - wonderful in the blue and white - and your silvery peace is lovely Lauren all shimmer and winter!

Electra said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, ladies. Pure peace.

Anonymous said...

ah, very peaceful and beautiful cards steph and lauren!

Marie Bingaman said...

Hmmmm, seeking peace are we? I think I could come up with something for that tomorrow! ;) GREAT cards as always, ladies! :)

Lorraine said...

You ladies are such an inspiration. I love seeing all your beautiful themed creations!