Friday, November 27, 2015

Raiding the Refrigerator

For me, the leftovers are almost better than the main holiday meal ... so that is why we're still celebrating Holiday Leftovers at Jingle Belles.

Pull out that box of scraps, leftover die cuts, and orphaned stickers and let them find the perfect holiday home.

Here's what we created with our leftovers this week.


Stephanie says, "My work team all dressed as dominoes for Halloween, which meant I spent a few hours die cutting circles from white adhesive felt.  I had saved the bigger scraps of felt and they have been sitting on my studio table since October.  This prompt was the perfect push to use the adhesive felt to die cut a collection of snowflakes ... two of which are featured on this card.  I also used a stray button and a ribbon scrap for this week's Retro Card Sketch.  I felt so inspired by the leftover theme that I made a second card from the *leftovers* of this design, which you can see on my blog."


Lauren says, "Once again, unintentionally, my card turned out to be composed entirely of scraps... what can I say? I've got A LOT of scraps! In this case, I found a few that were too small to make a whole card, so I used 'em together, kind of like a quilt block. Btw, that is my favorite tip for paper scrap usage: check out blogs and patterns and pinterest boards related to applique and quilting-- because sewing people definitely know a thing or two about how to turn tiny unrelated items into glorious art!!!"


Make sure you link-up your card by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, December 2nd. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:24.  You never know ... there might even be a little *LEFTOVER* prize surprise for someone.

No comments: