Friday, October 5, 2018

♥ Pink Christmas... for the Cure! ♥

If you've played along with us in other years, you may already know that at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we always devote the first theme of each October to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that for each card that gets linked up, we (Stephanie and Lauren) each donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. There are really no rules for this challenge other than the fact that each card has to be newly made, it has to have a winter holiday theme and it has to feature PINK prominently. Does your whole card have to be pink? Certainly not. Can you combine other colors with the pink? Of course! Should you have more pink than say two or three baubles on your green tree set against a snowy white background? Well, yeah... that'd be good. :) But other than that, we'll leave it to you to decide how much pink, what shade, and how to employ it!


We're not generally all that big on self-promotion around here, but this cause is near and dear to our hearts and we'd love to get GREAT participation, so be sure to tell all your cardmaking friends, and feel free to share the graphic and our link on your blog or social media.

But now let's get right to the cardmaking! Here's what we've made this week:


Stephanie says, "When I saw the new Santa Baby Collection by Prima at my local Scrapbook Store, I knew I had to have it for at least one of my Jingle Belles Pink cards.  I combined two papers with a journaling notecard and fun puffy stickers."


Lauren says"I also used a collection that I chose specifically with Pink Xmas in mind, but in my case it was "Sugar Plum" of a couple of years ago from My Mind's Eye. I combined patterned paper, a sentiment sticker and some cardstock diecuts together in a sort of landscape, completely with glitter paper snow, obviously!!!"

We'd love to get as MANY cards as possible for this one, so we can raise as much money as possible. So please link early and link often!!! Deadline is 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 17th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:21. 

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Sweet creations to kick off one of my favourite annual challenges here at Jingle Belles.

Unknown said...

Great inspiration cards to begin this great challenge. I look forward to participating every year!

Jo said...

Fabulous makes for a fantastic cause......will try to make more! x

cass said...

Wonderful theme for October.

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards by the design team.

Marianne said...

Just added card no. 12 to the gallery. Yay. That's the same number I managed last year. Hope I can add yet another, especially since I still have 20 or so cards to make this month if I want to reach 80 cards by the end of October.
Marianne x