Friday, February 1, 2019

Shaping Up for the New Year

Are you still sticking with your New Year's Resolution to Shape-up for the New Year? We're here to help you by making cards that are **SHAPES** Anything other than a square or rectangle will do. We've said many times that we (Stephanie and Lauren) never confer before making and posting our cards, but sometimes quite hilariously serendipitous coincidences occur. Like both of us randomly choosing the same shape... and practically the same "sketch"... but with very different results!



Stephanie says, "I used some paper I hand-marbled in a local class together with the largest Spellbinders Nestabilities Heirloom ornament die to create my shaped card this week (my husband affectionately dubbed it a Christmas Radish).  I added a glitter paper topper and stripes and finished with a large Simon Says Stamp Alexis snowflake and tiny white rub-on sentiment."


Lauren says, "Here's my secret for making shaped cards without a traditional template: CLIP ART! I do an image search for the shape I want, find a copyright free version that appeals to me, download it, and print it out at the size I need. This particular bauble shape is one I chose several years ago, and the hard copy I had was a bit too small, so I used my second favorite template trick, which is a version of how we all learned how to make symmetrical paper hearts in the third grade: I folded a piece of cardstock in half, placed the too-small bauble along the fold and traced around half of it... but... at a distance of about 3/4" larger than the shape. When I cut it out, I had a 6" bauble shape that was symmetrical and ready to use as a template! Then I went to town with papers from Prima's "Pretty Pale" collection, plus loads of flowers and pearls!"

And we've got a prize for one lucky participant ... this super-fun *Are You Serious Clark?* Stamp Set from Ink Road Stamps.


Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 13th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:19:03.


6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome prompt, I'm hoping to do better this challenge. I'm officially way too many behind.Both ornament cards are awesome.

Loll said...

Beautiful ornament cards by you both! Hope to play along this month.

Rose said...

beautiful cards :) you two ladies always inspire me ok and motivate me to :)

BobbisTreasure said...

Tough challenge - thanks for making me try something new!

Craftdee said...

Love your cards... as you say, amazing how different the two "takes" are. I also squealed out loud when I saw the prize... Christmas Vacation is "our" family movie; we play it to indicate the start of our family's Christmas season -and have EVERY year since we got it on VHS back in the day :-) Now our grandchildren love it too - I have never seen the stamp set... I'll have to have a go at winning it, or (more realistically, lol) find it to buy ;-) Donna x

Becca Sadler said...

Awesome ornament cards, gals!!! Steph and Lauren have definitely topped the bell curve with these!!! :)