Friday, June 10, 2022

Ombré 'Oliday

We're still creating cards featuring an Ombré color palette for our current prompt.

Here's how we got colorful this week.


Lauren says, "This week I created my own unique version of ombre by blending six different shades of Distress Oxide Inks through an older Hero Arts Stencil. I originally intended making an absolutely seamless series of tone-into-tone shades of green; but then tweaked the idea slightly and decided to work the overlapping blend to include some of my favorite shades in order of intensity rather than strictly by hue. I used Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles and Rustic Wilderness. And I really like the results!"




Stephanie says, "I created my own Ombré background by painting with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Spray on watercolor paper.    I used Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on my die cut Pine Boughs from The Greetery, and then stamped my two-part sentiment from The Greetery Snowflake Soirée in Pinecone Brown and Peacock Feathers."


2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fab cards and great ideas on both posts. Thanks for the fun challenge! xoxo

Marianne said...

Such pretty makes!
Marianne x