Friday, February 10, 2023

My Sweet *Embossable* You

This week we're asking you to pursue the Embossable Dream with us, whether you choose to use an Embossing Folder or die cuts (here's a video on Embossing with Die Cuts) OR using stamps, powders and a heat gun. 

Here's how we embraced embossing this week:




Stephanie says, "I did a variation on a faux patina technique I found on SplitcoastStampers with my Cuttlebug Lace Tree embossing folder.  I finished with a SimonSaysStamp Sentiment Strip and some Stampendous gold circle stickers for a bit more sparkle (there's another view on the blog that shows the gold a bit more).  I finished with a Simon Says Stamp Reverse Holiday Sentiment Strip."



Lauren says, "I used Sunny Studio's Cable Knit Embossing Folder on peacock blue Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock, then softly sanded the design to create even more visual interest. The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions' Flip the Snowflake stamp set, stamped in Wendy Vecchi's Night Sky Archival Ink. The diecuts are Impression Obsession Primitive Snowflakes Die Set and the whole thing is set atop a lovely dark grocer's kraft A2 card. This design is the basis of my second Paper Anthology Holiday Jumpstart Card Kit, which you can read all about on my personal blog."

♥♥♥

Just in case you need a little more incentive to join our Jingle Belles fun this fortnight, we have a lovely prize donated by a sweet friend. One lucky random cardmaker will receive Simon Says Stamp's Christmas Cookies Embossing Folder and a cool five piece Interchangeable Snowflake Frame embossing/diecutting set from Crafter's Companion; just for linking up with us this fortnight!


Link your embossed creations right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, February 22nd. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB2304.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Fabulous makes, ladies! I love EFs so I really don't have any excuse not to play along this fortnight. I own the EF that Stephanie used but haven't touched it in ages. Love the grungy look!
Marianne x

Julia said...

Thank You for the wonderful challenge!