Friday, April 21, 2023

Holiday Leftovers

One of our favorite things about the holiday meal is the leftovers… we always enjoy a little stuffing and cranberry sauce on our turkey or ham sandwich. 

So this week we're celebrating Holiday Leftovers by creating cards using all of those little CRAFTY leftover: tiny pieces of paper, alphabet letters, stickers, ribbon, extraneous diecuts … you know those things you have saved because they were just too cute or pretty to throw them away… well, we want to see you use them to make some fun leftover holiday cards.

Here are our leftover combinations this week:


Stephanie says, "One great type of card to make with leftover small bits is a clean & simple design, so I started with the AAA Cards Challenge to use a ripped or torn edge.  I took a scrap of rejected gelli print from this cardmaking exercise and tore a strip to use with the BYSHC Sketch.  The Gina K. Designs Gnome for the Holidays die cuts are perfect for those too pretty to throw away bits of paper (I used two different gelli press bits with a scrap of white textured paper for the beard & pom pom).  I took my gnome inspiration from the Peace on Earth Challenge and used Purple & Green for the Color Hues Challenge."


Lauren says, "I used Sketch Saturday #723 to guide my placement of images, which thankfully helped me narrow down the choices, because I have LOTS of leftovers! I paper pieced together several pre-stamped but unused versions of reindeer and vehicle from Lawn Fawn's Car Critters & Add-On stamp sets; all of my patterned paper panels and shapes were leftover from various projects; I even had some tiny punched trees ready to roll. I decided to inset the blue circle into the larger blue panel; I stamped one of the sentiments that came with Car Critters, matted the strips and added them to the top right. Eyelet Outlet Enamel Hearts are always a nice addition, imo, so I finished off with a couple in bold red."

♥♥♥

Link your Holiday Leftovers Masterpieces right here by 67pm (EST) on Wednesday, May 3rd. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-23-09. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Yay! So happy I finally managed to play along for the first time in ages. To make serious progress, I created not one bu four cards. After all, I have plenty of UFOs.
Marianne x