Friday, October 11, 2024

PINK CHRISTMAS (For the Cure!)

It's that time again here at Jingle Belles, our favorite prompt of the year: PINK CHRISTMAS! In which you make and link new holiday cards that are predominantly PINK and we (Stephanie and Lauren) donate $2 (apiece!) per card to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Just to anticipate a few basic questions: Yes, you can link as many cards as you'd like to; and no, your cards don't need to be entirely PINK but it should certainly be the main color! You can use any additional colors that you'd like; and the cards can be any size, shape, theme and style. 

Sound good? Then without further ado, here are our PINK CHRISTMAS cards:


Stephanie's Card

Stephanie says, "I went shopping in my designer paper scraps and pulled out every pink paper I could find (including one of my own inky sprayed papers).  I cut 3/8" strips to cover my card front.  I finished with a fun Doodlebug Designs tag that I matted with a thin white frame to make it pop a bit more against that busy background."



Lauren says, "I am currently obsessed with Wendy Vecchi's NOT Your Ordinary Card Collection from Spellbinders, so for this card I broke out the Christmas Add-On Stamp and Die Set and used the triple holly leaf die to very quickly cut lots of layers from textured pink cardstock; which I then inked and stacked, in two five-petal layers for each flower, into poinsettias, finishing off with the three berry cluster at the center, and finally a few tiny stick-on pearls plus a few cuts of the beautiful, delicate greenery die. I used the sentiment stamps from the set and a Build-a-Plaid background made with the second smallest stencil and Pink Peony Archival. A little bit of lace, some darker pink mats and a bit of machine stitching and I was good to go! There's a little more detail about the making of the poinsettias and the use of the Build-a-Plaid Stencils on my blog."

♥♥♥

Link your gorgeous PINK CHRISTMAS creation(s) right here. This challenge (#JB2421) runs until 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, October 23rd. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: