Friday, July 6, 2012

Walking in a Vintage Wonderland

We can never get enough Vintage Style... especially at Christmas time... so here are a few more cards to inspire you:

Stephanie says, "I recycled another vintage holiday card from my stash using this week's sketch from CardPatterns.  The vintage papers can be very delicate when cutting, so a fingernail file is perfect for sanding any rough edges.  I also added a vintage button from my button bowl."

Lauren's Other Card


Lauren says, "most of the time i use my ACTUAL one-of-a-kind vintage bits on my cards, but sometimes i find an image that's too big, too small, or just too precious to use... so i'll scan it, and use the copy instead. that's what i've done here with this fabulous early 1960's illustration from "the night before christmas", which came from one of my personal copies of the book (i collect them!) and was also just slightly too large, even for me! the little oval with text is from the same copied page which i printed on photo paper; the diecut panel with the snowy trees is clipped from an old christmas ideals magazine. everything else is regular old scrapbooking product from my stash, following this week's awesome mojo monday sketch!" 


Remember you still have until Wednesday, July 11th to link up your own Vintage Style holiday card! Scroll down to the main post to see the work of our lovely guest star Linda Brun, snag one of her beautiful vintage images to use if you'd like to, and read about this week's fabulous vintage-style prize!

No comments: