Friday, October 19, 2012

Holiday Creature Feature

The next Jingle Belles prompt is a Creature Feature  ... we're asking you to create a card with a living creature on it: reindeer, penguins, polar bears, moose, people, angels, elves... or, of course the most obvious Christmas Card presence ... Monstas.

Here's our take on this fun idea:
Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "ok, yeah, it's probably only *ME* who uses monstas in this context, and if you're looking for the explanation by which that phenomenon makes sense, i'm sorry but there really ISN'T one. it's just that a few years ago i found this adorable paperchase giftwrap, and almost immediately, decided it would make great christmas cards! an admittedly weird decision which i stand by, because they still crack me up! :) but do feel free to take a more traditional route, there are LOTS of great creatures on THIS planet too, lol!"


Stephanie says, "I used a several creatures including a tiny little holiday owl, a penguin and a reindeer (all from Hero Arts Merry Christams Ink 'N Stamp) on my Retro Sketch layout ... and I threw in a snowman for good measure.  I stamped each image & then punched them out with a medium star punch, using some foam tape for dimension and pretty aqua twine."

So break out your favorite holiday creature and see what fun cards you can create (or add a santa hat to your favorite non-holiday creature to get them in the holiday spirit).

Upload your cards by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 31st using keyword JB12-22 for galleries & our Jingle Belles Flickr Group ... who knows, maybe we'll even throw in a little holiday surprise for one lucky participant.


12 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh ladies, your cards are adorable, I love them!

Great challenge, I cant wait to play along!

Marianne said...

Such a fun prompt and fun cards. Love the Chritmas monstas too. ;-)
I still haven't finished my pink cards but I cannot wait to start on this prompt either, so it's going to be a busy fortnight LOL.

Unknown said...

Adorable cards girls! Love the little cookie monster, so funny and the lovely penguins are so cute! TFS!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

BrendaB said...

Great cards! (Love the Christmas monster chomping on the tree, LOL!

Candy said...

I look forward to your challenges each fortnight( Lauren, you've got me using that word!!!!)and of course to your fabulous cards!! Monstas are the perfect Chritmas-y creature out there!!! Stef, I love those stars with those adorable animals! That little penguin colored really pops out... so cute!!

Deborah Frings said...

Love this challenge - will definitely try to get a card up this week! BTW - both your cards are just fab!

Cyndie said...

Stephanie and Lauren, you've outdone yourselves on the fun quotient on this one; I'm so excited to get started on this challenge. Love your cards...I may have to do a little plagiarizing.

Karen said...

How adorable are those cards?! Marvelous work and theme, as always. :o) Thank you for the wonderful challenge!

Hugs and blessings!

Teresa said...

Adorable cards ladies and a fab challenge thank you. Teresa xx

Benzi said...

Cute and such fun cards, Stef and Lauren.

Rose said...

Lauren i love your little monster and Steph i love the way your cuties are on hanging stars :)

Electra said...

Your cards just make me SO hyappy!!
Thanks for such a fun challenge!