Friday, July 26, 2019

Neutrals & Sparkles

We're still taking our inspiration from the rustic-but-glam Christmas scene this week:


Here is how we found our inspiration this week:


Lauren says, "Having gone seriously Maximalist last week, I had intended to pare down this time. (I stress the word INTENDED in that sentence.) I was still very inspired by the incredible tree in the inspiration pic, and wanted to make a bauble-shaped card which was mostly white-on-white, using papers from Prima's Pretty Pale collection, but then adding in some little hits of green. That part did actually happen. The pared-down-ness... not so much, lol. It turns out that when it comes to Prima flowers, the words, "just a few" are meaningless to me. But then Christmas is a good time to go a tiny bit crazy, in a good way, right?!"


Stephanie says, "This week I pulled in a little blue from the blue spruce on the fireplace mantle to complement my neutral tones.  I combined it with a vintage texty piece of designer papers as the base and then lots of ephemera and a piece of a vintage receipt book before finishing with some bronze glitter dots to bring in the sparkle ... all of those layers remind me of the decorations on that gorgeous Christmas tree."

Scroll down to the original post (directly below this one) to link up your own masterpiece and also to see the fun prize one randomly chosen cardmaker will win! ♥

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lauren you're card is so beautiful...I'm so glad you didn't go pared down! =D Actually all of the inspiration cards have been great. I need to get busy this weekend and make an entry!