Friday, June 26, 2020

Shaping Up!

We're still making SHAPED cards --by which we mean anything except the standard rectangle or square-- and you're still invited to join us, which we hope you will!

Here's how we shaped up this week:


Lauren says, "I decided to make a heart shaped card, using my largest heart stencil, which is about 4 x 6". I made a fun scalloped border by punching about a dozen 1 3/8" circles and sandwiching them between the stripey heart and a hidden, heart-shaped, hinged cardbase that's the same size. All of the papers used in this card came from ancient and well-hoarded Basic Grey holiday collections, which I still adore. I'll be sad when I use up my dwindling stash, but I've made it last a good long time!




Stephanie says, "I enlarged a clip art picture of a mitten to card sized and then traced it onto a scrap of red designer paper for my mitten base.  Next I attached the green designer paper to the cuff and trimmed it to fit.  I tied a loop of kraft ribbon where the paper joined, and the attached my mitten to a small card base.  I decorated my mitten with a round holiday sentiment from Catslife Press punched with a 2" circle punch that I attached to a scalloped circle that was punched from the same green designer paper, but sponged with green ink for a slightly darker look (and to cover those little white bits that show when you punch designer paper).  I finished with a tiny red gem in the middle of the snowflake."

Link your shapely masterpieces in the original post, directly below this one (and remember, one lucky participant will win a fun prize)!

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Steph and Lauren: I just have to take a moment to let you two know the mitten card and the scalloped heart card are absolutely fantastic!!!