Friday, October 9, 2020

I'm Dreaming of a PINK Christmas

If you've played along with us in other years, you may already know that at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we always devote the first theme of each October to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that for each card that gets linked up, we (Stephanie and Lauren) each donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation

There aren't many rules for this challenge other than the fact that each card has to be newly made, it has to have a winter holiday theme, and it has to feature PINK prominently. Does your whole card have to be pink? Certainly not. Can you combine other colors with the pink? Of course! Should you have more pink than say two or three baubles on your green tree set against a snowy white background? Well, yes... that would be good, lol. But other than that, we'll leave it to you to decide how much pink, what shade, and how to employ it!

We're pretty low key about self-promotion around here, but this cause is near and dear to our hearts and we'd love to get GREAT participation, so be sure to tell all your cardmaking friends, and feel free to share the official graphic and our link on your blog or social media.




Here is how we went PINK for Christmas this year.


Stephanie says, "I've been saving this gorgeous Pink Christmas Collection from Stamperia for this prompt ... the papers are so pretty, the card almost made itself.  I used the Sketch Saturday layout and some plastic snowflake buttons as embellishments."


Lauren says, "I went almost entirely Prima, because they've done some really awesome PINK holiday collections in the last few years. I do have a big PINK poinsettia liberated from a bit of holiday garland, and it wouldn't be the holidays without some Eyelet Outlet Snowflake Bling! I also used this week's Sketch Saturday #630 to arrange my layout; though I've rotated it ninety degrees counterclockwise."

Link PINK with us until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 21st. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:20:21. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards! Jo x

Marianne said...

My first instinct is usually to grab my pink inks and cardstock. But your sweet projects make me realise that I should probably check my (hoarded) patterned papers as well. Looking forward to play along, just like previous years.
Marianne x

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful cards, I see you managed to use the same sketch, that happens quit often and I know it's accidental. this is my fav. challenge (I know I say it every challenge) but last year I didn't get as many done as other years, hope to play along a few times (have a pink paper pad) woohoo.

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Love both of these cards!! Lauren, I love the patterned paper choices you have....the soft pinks and the blingy snowflake are really speaking to me!!!

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards.
My daughter is a breast cancer survivor

Suzanne H said...

Thanks so much for your donation to Breast Cancer Awareness. It's such a great cause. My picture doesn't quite capture the rose gold metallic paper I used. Loving all the pink creations!

Vicky Hayes said...

I had so many ideas for this year but Life happens and I'm running in late with only one entry :/ Thank you for a fabulous challenge. Vicky x