Friday, November 6, 2020

It Came Upon a Midnight CLEAR

This week we're asking you to make a holiday card that contains at least one see-through element, whether that be glass, a transparency, some vellum, acetate or "ghost" shapes, clear stickers, lucite buttons, shrink plastic... whatever you like... if you can see through it (& figure out how to attach it!) put it on there and link it up!

Answering a question we had last fortnight: To join our Jingle Belles fun, you needn't have a blog, just post a photo of your card SOMEWHERE online (FaceBook, Flickr, Instagram, Splitcoast Stampers, etc are all fine!) then grab the direct/specific link to your card, and use it to join the InLinkz gallery below. If you need help, you can email us at jinglebellesrock@hotmail.com with questions.

Here is how we CLEAR-ly created this week:


Stephanie says, "I applied Marabu Alcohol Ink in Cherry Red & Cinnamon to a transparency sheet and blew it around with air.  Once it had dried, I then flipped it over and attached it to my white card base with Vellum Adhesive.  I added some Clear Drip Drops and clear Stars to the tops of my holiday trees."


Lauren says, "Since I'm lucky enough to still have a bit of a collection of well-hoarded Hambly Transparencies (mostly thanks to Stephanie who is brilliant at finding small caches of them all over the midwest!) I made a 6" square card from one of them, then added vintage collage elements and diecuts on top. I hadn't planned for this to turn out entirely neutral colors, but it is fun for a change; especially since I have an aunt whose favorite color is white!"

♥♥♥

There's a little prize for one lucky random cardmaker who links up with us this fortnight:


Link up right here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, November 18th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:20:23.You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a great week for transparency!

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOL thank you for reminding me about Hambly -- I have that stash too! heehee xoxo

ionabunny said...

Hi, oops I got excited by the fun theme but I see you are just talking about cards. I have linked tags. Is this blog only for card creations????? Thanks. Hugz

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun challenge! Need to get my thinking cap on and no mistake. Love your fabby creations, Jo x

Marianne said...

Fab cards, ladies, and I'm so glad I managed to upload a card EARLY this fortnight.
Marianne x