Friday, November 5, 2021

Ornamental, My Dear Watson

This week's card prompt is asking you to create a card featuring Holiday Ornaments – it might be an Ornament-Shaped Card or perhaps a decorated holiday tree?

Here's how we got Ornamental this week:



Stephanie says, "I spent last weekend at a local craft house creating with friends.  I used Silver Sparkle Alcohol Ink Paper with Blue Alcohol Inks and then die cut layers A & C of the Birch Press Radiant Ornament Dies from the glittery paper.  I traced the ornament shape onto a scrap of gold glitter paper to create the background & also die cut the ornament top.  I put a gold pearl in the center of the design.  For the Sketch Saturday 5th Saturday Choose Any Sketch, I picked Sketch 344 for my Layout and a sentiment from Taylored Expressions Just Saying ~ Christmas."


Lauren says, "Hero Arts' Poinsettia and Ornament Die is a favorite because there are so many ways to use it. Often I cut it out of watercolor paper and paint the flowers, but this time I left the ornament plain and layered it over a watercolored background; then mounted the whole thing on an ancient scrap of Prima paper with an Idea-Ology sticker sentiment. White dimensional florals and tiny Eyelet Outlet pearls add extra texture and interest."

Link your ornamental masterpieces right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, November 17th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-21-23.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful cards from both of you! xoxo