Friday, October 7, 2022

I'm Dreaming of a PINK Christmas

If you've played along with us in prior years, you may already know that at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we always devote the first theme of each October to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that for each card that gets linked up, we each (Stephanie and Lauren) donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation

There aren't many rules for this challenge other than the fact that each card has to be newly made, it has to have a winter holiday theme, and it has to feature PINK prominently. Does your whole card have to be pink? Certainly not. Can you combine other colors with the pink? Of course! Should you have more pink than say two or three baubles on your green tree set against a snowy white background? Well, yes... that would be good, lol. But other than that, we'll leave it to you to decide how much pink, what shade, and how to employ it!


We're pretty low key about self-promotion around here, but this cause is near and dear to our hearts and we'd love to get GREAT participation, so be sure to tell all your cardmaking friends, and feel free to share the official graphic and our link on your blog or social media.

Here's how we created with PINK this week:


Stephanie says, "I used papers from one of my all time favorite pink holiday collections, Doodlebug Winter Wonderland.  I used a sketch from Try Stampin' (or Not) on Tuesday and a tiny little A Muse sentiment to finish my card."


Lauren says, "It's no secret that I love pink at any time of year, especially at Christmas, so I had plenty of readymade items from which to choose: an ancient pink My Mind's Eye chipboard tree, diecut poinsettia layers from leftover patterned papers, an Eyelet Outlet Pink Pearl Brad and Enamel Dots, a shimmery stripey border sticker, and kraft paper with pink polka dots that is so old I don't know whence it came!"
♥♥♥

Link your PINK cards right here, by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, October 19th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-22-21.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm trying to get back to crafting, and this may be just the incentive I need. You both know how I love participating in your Pink Christmas challenge each year. Wonderful cards to get the creative juices flowing. And thank you both for hosting this pink event again this year!
Marianne x

Loll said...

So happy to be playing along with this awesome challenge. Thanks Steph & Lauren!!

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge and for donating for breast cancer. Lovely cards. I try to join this challenge each year. My eldest daughter is a breast cancer survivor and I am also a cancer survivor (womb).
Best wishes