Friday, November 18, 2022

Banner Holiday

For our final prompt of 2022, we're asking you to make a card inspired by our 2022 Jingle Belles Blog Banner. You can choose as many (or few) elements as you desire: maybe you love the vintage Santa, the traditional red and green color palette, the sparkly letters or the seasonal blooms? Be as literal or tangential as you like, but do make sure you tell us what parts of the banner inspired your card.

Here is where we found inspiration:


Stephanie say, "I started with a Christmas postcard that had flowers that reminded me of the ones Lauren used on the left side of the design (and a green background like she used behind the title).  I found some Poinsettias in my ephemera and added it on the right side.  Next step was to find a vintage Santa and add a bit of glitter (a few strips of green glitter paper).  I finished with trading stamps that reminded me of what is going on behind Santa's head in the banner.  I finished my mounting it all on a piece of vintage sheet music."



Lauren says, "My card was inspired by the positioning of the elements in the header (in card challenge parlance we call it the "sketch") so I concentrated most of my images to the bottom left and top right of the card. I incorporated Santa and some botanical images, but since they are stickers from Doodlebug Design, they have a much different mood than those on the header. I stuck (mostly) with the traditional red and green palette of the blog and I couldn't resist making the background from sheet music. And thanks to a Cut-Plorations die that Stephanie gifted me, I had the PERFECT sentiment!"

♥♥♥

Link your Banner Holiday cards right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, November 30th. 
Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB-22-24.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards.