Thursday, February 3, 2011

how sketchy can you get?!

WOW! how excited are we this week to have the most cards ever on the JINGLE BELLES blog thus far?! of course it is all thanks to ♥AMY♥ and her awesome sketch. so thrilling to see that ALL of you were inspired to bold new christmas-card-making heights!

having spoken to miss amy via email, i should tell you that she was also delighted by our final tally of *42* cards...not to mention being overwhelmed by the enthusiasm and camaraderie of all of you lovely BELLES! if i may quote that lovely lady, "PLEASE relay in the post that I had super ginormous amounts of fun-fun-fun! It's was over the top coolio to see how peeps interpreted a sketch that I drew...I'm glad that the gals liked it and had FUN." so there! she's also agreed to make a return appearance in future, so be on the lookout for that!

in the meantime, here are a few cards that interpreted her sketch especially well:

by tip top of tip top toppers

amy says, "This is a card that uses non-traditional colors and 2 ornaments..that were on sale! Love the glitz!"


by diana of design by diana

amy says, "Love the added stitching....and the non-traditional patterns that are in traditional colors!" :)


by amanda of crafty paper girl

amy says, "Although I love non-traditional cards, this is quite the opposite and I love it...there is something about tartan plaid that screams festive!"



many thanks to *EVERYONE* who played along; and once again extra special thanks to amy tsuruta of TSURUTA DESIGNS for being our lovely guest star and sketchmaker this week! btw, you still have until midnight tomorrow (feb 4) to get in on amy's flashback friday 7.0 by re-posting your very first papercrafting project to feature *GLITTER*! (did i mention she has a very cool prize from ippity for that??!) :)

speaking of prizes, it's time to announce the winner of the big january giveaway! so without further ado, the winner of the random drawing... (for which we had so many entries it needed my BIGGEST tupperware bowl to hold all the little slips of paper!) ...is...


♥♥♥ ALLI of "scrappy bitz"! ♥♥♥


CONGRATULATIONS, alli! please email us your mailing information using the address on the sidebar, so that we can get your lovely prize pack to you ASAP! :)

the new prompt will be up at midnight...if you have a little time to kill before then and haven't yet seen your fellow JINGLE BELLES sketch cards, do scroll down and have a bit of a gander at those thumbnails...you'll be glad you did!!!

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Thanks again ladies for the oh-so-very-fun-time....ALL the cards were EXcellent...I love everybody's contagious enthusiasm!!!!

June Houck said...

Beautiful cards, each and every one!

I can't wait until the lovely ~amy~ returns to Jingle Belles. She is a sweetheart, lovely, and oh-so-very talented. Big hugs to her for her wow-onderful sketch and blog comments.

myself said...

Congrats Alli! You'll enjoy it all. And thanks, again Amy and Lauren and Steph and all you ladies that participated in the Jingle Belles challenge... Today I will finally have time to check you all out! YAY!

Alli said...

Oh my!!!
How cool is that!
I won!
I NEVER win!!!
Well, I can`t say that anymore!!!
Woohooo!!!
Thank you SO much!
I am just so inspired every week!
Thank you everyone!
Really looking forward to the next challenge...and the next...and the next....
;o)

Marianne said...

Funderful Cards Ladies ! and Congrats to Alli... Yay!

Tip Top said...

Wow! Thank you for featuring my card with the bargain Christmas Tree ornaments!!!! Made my day!

Rose said...

congrats Alli :)

Diana Fisher said...

I'm so excited that you liked my card!! I love this place! Can't wait to play again!! :)

Denise Bryant said...

Congrats to Alli! It was fun seeing all the great ideas all month!
DeniseB