Friday, February 25, 2011

Text Me

This week's Jingle Belle holiday card prompt is ... Text Me.

We're asking that you incorporate text into your holiday creations ... it could be a book page, Christmas carol lyrics, a poem, or even a card that features a sentiment as the main focal point of the design.

I even created a Pinterest Gallery full of some texty design ideas to give you a jump start ... I surf hundreds (probably thousands) of blogs each week looking for inspiration ... and I love this new way to save and share things that inspire.

And here's what we did:



Stephanie's Card

Stef says, "My card started with a page from a vintage book called the Santa Claus Story Picture Book. I placed my Tim Holtz Santa & Reindeer mask and then sprayed with multiple shades of red ink sprays and glimmer mists. I dabbed the excess ink with a paper towel, removed the mask, and dried it with a heat gun. I finished with some gold ribbon to ground the sleigh, a rub-on sentiment, and a red adhesive gem for the reindeer's nose ... Ho! Ho! Ho!"





Lauren says, "i ♥LOVE♥ text papers, so i may have gone just a teeny bit overboard! (SO unlike me, right?!) :) i used a very old set of wooden alphabet letters to trace the word "noel" onto the green paper, cut out & adhered the letters to the black paper, and then stitched around them with metallic embroidery floss. this was not a super-fast process, but i enjoy stitching almost as much as i love card-making, so it was time well spent!"


And now it's time to see what you will do! Make your most FONT-astic card and link it up here between now and 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, March 2nd. The keyword for SCS and flickr is JB09.




So put your texty thinking caps on ... look through the gallery for inspiration ... and Text Me!

13 comments:

Alli said...

Oh YES!!!
I LOVE getting TEXTY!!!!
Thank you ladies!!!
Off to do a happy dance and create!!!

Charlene Austin said...

Steph and Lauren...how did I not know about this blog until now??!!! {I am so out of touch} What a great idea and I love your mission. Seriously...fun!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Your cards ROCK! Love them both, and I can't wait to play this one!

~amy~ said...

woo hoooo ladies...fun challenge!!

Rose said...

another fun challenge and 2 more awesome cards girls :)

Susan S said...

love these cards...can't wait to see what I come up with

June Houck said...

Brilliant challenge! Love this :)

Linda said...

Oh, wow! I love text on things and maybe I'll even be able to play this week (suggestion to all--try hard not to get a serious case of the flu the same week you are scheduled to work massive overtime LOL)

The samples are great--let me see what I can come up with ;-)

Beverly G said...

This in the days before "texting", but kind of cute.

Pajalu said...

What a great challenge! I had lots of fun doing this one. Thank you so much xoxoxoxoxo

Marianne said...

Yay ! Imade it in time ! Whew !

Diana Fisher said...

Dang! I ran out of time again! I need to plan my days better!! Good luck to everyone who did play!!

Lorraine said...

Steph and Lauren your cards are so beautiful. You guys are such wonderful inspiration. And thanks for introducing me to the Pinterest concept.