Friday, March 5, 2021

SKETCH-ing in a Winter Wonderland

We're still getting SKETCH-y this week (link-up here by 6pm EST on Wednesday) with our wonderful Jingle Belles Layout.



Here are the Belles' designs for this week:


Lauren says, "Again I capitalized on the efficiency of using a sketch by translating the various shapes into readymade items like stickers and diecuts. I flipped the sketch, so that the focal point and the intersecting lines are reversed, just to change things up a little. I've used five different Eyelet Outlet Washi Tapes to make the strong vertical line, and an older Crate Paper sticker that says "Winter" for the horizontal. I've clustered a few items to make up the focal point: a sweet jar diecut from Pebbles, embellished with EO Holiday Tree and Snowflake Brads; a couple of chipboard xmas trees that I think were Echo Park from several years ago. The whole thing is on a base of music-lined paper that is ancient, but still looks fab to me!



Stephanie says, "I thought if I flipped the sketch, it would be the perfect way to nest a Snow Globe into my design.  I went searching through my holiday tag collection and found this adorable Merry T-Rexmas one that fit the bill.  I paired it with Gina K. Designs Winter Whimsy designer paper, which had the perfect colors & almost exactly matched the Christmas Tree in the snow globe.  I decided to run my vertical & horizontal pieces all the way across the card and finished with some glittery green Love from Lizi Peel-off Strips."

No comments: