Friday, February 18, 2022

The Stockings Were Hung

Another week of Stocking Inspiration for our card making.

Here's how we were inspired for our second cards:


Lauren says, "This week I was inspired by the colors and patterns on the stocking furthest to the right in the photo. I love the combination of pale green, creamsicle orange and bright blue (with little hits of white and pink); as well as the way the simple shapes have been stacked and arranged to create an all-over pattern. I compressed and overlapped the layers to fit my 6" square card, but found that by using some of my favorite border punches and a bunch of (non-holiday) patterned papers, I was able to achieve a similar effect. A Lawn Fawn Journal Card, some Eyelet Outlet Enamel Dots and a bit of machine stitching complete the design.



Stephanie says, "I took my design a bit more literal this week inspired by stocking number five.  
I embossed brick again framed by a blue background inspired by the wall.  
The hand-cut my stocking from Concord & 9th Stardust cardstock and 
decorated it with Eyelet Outlet Swirl Bling and flowers.  
I used ribbon for the hanger
and pom pom fringe for those cool dangling balls.
I finished with a scattering of sticker sentiments."

Remember, you have until 6pm EST on Wednesday February 23rd to link-up your design.

1 comment: