Friday, September 16, 2022

Embossing Around the Christmas Tree

This week we're still creating cards with Embossing ... it can be texture embossing, heat embossing or both if you're an overachiever.

Here's how we got Embossable this week:


Lauren says, "Since I used an embossing folder last week, I decided to break out my Wendy Vecchi Doodle Christmas set, stamped the poinsettia over an entire background, embossed with Ranger's Vintage Pearl Embossing Powder, and then painted the flowers with Buttercup, Sunflower and Viridian Archival Inks, using a waterbrush filled with rubbing alcohol. I put Sunflower Liquid Pearls in the centers of all the flowers, added a couple of sparkly mats, a bit of White Lace Tape and a suitable diecut sentiment and called it a day."



Stephanie says, "I used a favorite embossing folder technique this week - brayering red ink on the inside of the Time Holtz Texture Fades Holiday Knit #2 embossing folder before embossing it on a piece of ivory water color paper.  I covered 2/3 of my card with the embossed texture for the Let's Squash It!: Cuz 2 out of 3 Ain't Bad Challenge.  The vintage 2002 wood-mounted sentiment from Double D Rubber Stamps is a long time favorite that I usually use on the inside of my cards, but this time stamped it on more watercolor paper to shine front & center.  I finished with a few wraps of natural twine."

1 comment:

Karenladd said...

I love that Holiday Knit embossing folder so much! Cozy, warm and festive all the way!