Friday, September 23, 2022

Merry Sketch-mas

We're getting SKETCH-y at Jingle Belles this week with a Sketch that holds lots of possibilities:



It can be clean & simple or all decked out vintage... cardstock or designer paper or stamps (or all of the above). You can flip, rotate, compress or stretch the sketch... just be sure we can see the "bones" of it in your finished card. We can't wait to see what you create!

Here is how we got SKETCH-y:



Stephanie says, "I started with inspiration from the Inkspirational Photo Challenge using kraft, twine, text and some dry wall tape (in place of the lace).  Next I die cut a vintage postcard for the diamond element in the layout.  I used a fun sticker sentiment and finished with red jewels that coordinated with St. Nicholas."


Lauren says, "Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic has been around a while, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that my friend Elisabeth at Paper Anthology was still able to special order it for me! I paper-pieced the critters on the diamond shape in the sketch, where I fashioned abstract layers of sky, snow and water. In my washi stash, I found the perfect grey tape to act as a sentiment. I matted out the design with some silvery Lawn Fawn snowflakes and a bit of stylized graph paper. My diamond got a bit bigger than I planned, so I slightly truncated the sketch, in order to make it fit a 6" square card.


Link your fabulous sketch-inspired masterpiece(s) right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, October 5th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-22-20.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Wow, I really love this sketch. I was a lot of fun to play with it.. TFS and for the inspiration