Friday, March 31, 2023

Oh Tinsel Tree, Oh Tinsel Tree

We're still creating cards inspired by the DIY Tinsel Tree Tutorial at White House Crafts.


Here's how we were inspired this week:


Lauren says, "This week I took inspiration from the color palette (though I've inverted the proportions); from the circle shapes of the baubles, and the different shiny/matte/sparkly surfaces. I've used a fabulous Simon Says Stamp Ring Wreath Die that Stephanie gave me and inset the circles with pink, blue, silver and gold specialty papers ; then I added a large script sentiment and finished off with several colors and sizes of Eyelet Outlet Pearl Brads."



Stephanie says, "I wanted to recreate the feel of the tinsel with paper.  I used fringe scissors from my stash (that I've had forever, and I'm not sure that I've ever actually used them) on silver glitter paper.  I attached the *tinsel* to a Gel Press print from my stash that includes the colors from the tree, including an ethereal silver layer on top.  I added a wrap of one of my favorite ribbons to pull in the pink.  I matted it on a matte gold card base to pull in that color from the image.  I finished with a negative Savvy Stamps sentiment in that same glorious pink."

No comments: